City of New Braunfels Water Recreation Rules
- No glass.
- No foam containers.
- No disposable containers.
- No littering.
- Lifejackets are recommended for weak swimmers and children.
- No volume drinking devices.
- No containers under 5 fluid oz.
- Noise devices may not be audible beyond 50 feet.
- No jumping from bridges, dams, or trees.
- Coolers must have a locking mechanism on the lid (zipper, Velcro, latch, cord).
- Vessels on the rivers may not be over 5 feet in length.
Comal River Rules
- Limit of two tubes per person on the Comal River.
- No double tubes allowed.
- Canoes and kayaks may not use the Last Tubers Exit on the Comal River on weekends and holidays.
- Round inflatable floatation devices shall not exceed five feet (5') in diameter.
- If rectangular or another shape, no side can exceed five feet (5') in length.
Recycling Station Locations
- Prince Solms Park
- Last Tubers Exit
- Corner Tubes Location
Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs)
- PFDs will be provided to tubers free of charge per tube rental.
Comal and Guadalupe River Definitions
The term "Comal River" means that portion of the Comal River or the diversion of the Comal River that starts at the confluence with Dry Comal Creek and ends at the confluence with the Guadalupe River.
The term "Guadalupe River" means that portion of the Guadalupe River starting at the Gruene Bridge and ends at the Mill Dam.
NEW BRAUNFELS ORDINANCE 2012-9 RESTRICING CERTAIN SIZED FLOATATION DEVICES ON THE COMAL RIVER (IN PART)
On the Comal River, inflatable devices cannot exceed five feet in diameter if round; or, if they are rectangular or another shape, no side can exceed five feet in length. Inflatable devices on the Comal River are limited to no more than two per person. As used in this paragraph, the Comal River is defined as that portion of the Comal River, or the diversion of the Comal River that starts at the confluence with the Dry Comal Creek and ends at the confluence with the Guadalupe River.
Vessels or inflatable devices operated by or under the supervision of the city's police department or parks and recreation department are exempt from the provisions of this section.
The city will allow reasonable accommodations with regard to vessels or inflatable devices for individuals with disabilities or special needs.